Our Privacy Guarantee
At Alam Online, we are committed to maintaining our customers' privacy. We take reasonable care to safeguard the personal information that we collect, thus ensuring that our customers' privacy is maintained. We have provided this notice to describe the way Alam Online collects and uses your information. This notice describes the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used.
The Personally Identifiable Information (PII) essentially includes, but is not limited to, information that can be used to identify or contact you, such as your name, home address, telephone number and email address. Personal information does not include aggregated or de-identified information.
Information We Collect:
We want you to understand how any information you provide us is collected and used. When you interact with Alam Online or use our services, we collect certain information to make these services work better for you. An example of using our "services" would be visiting one of our stores or websites. When you do, we may collect and store information from you in the following situations:
Information you provide us directly when you:
- Make an in-store or online purchase, or any other transaction;
- Create an account on one of our websites or mobile applications;
- Participate in our loyalty programs;
- Engage in a contest, promotion, or survey;
- Request customer service including dispute resolution, correspondence through our sites, and correspondence sent to us; or
- Post a review or comment or other user-generated content on one of our websites or mobile services.
Information you provide when using our services:
- We may collect device-specific information when you visit our websites or use our mobile applications or services. This includes information such as Internet Protocol (IP) address, hardware model, operating system, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information. We may also associate the information we collect from your different devices, which helps us provide consistent services across your devices.
- This includes details of how you used our sites and mobile applications alike, including clicks and page information such as the address (or URL) of the referral you navigated before visiting Alam Holding online properties. In addition to the pages you visited on our site or application, the browser you used and any search terms entered.
- Other information from your interaction with our sites, services, content and advertising, including computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from sites, ad data and other standard weblog information.
- When you use our services, we may collect information about your physical location through your mobile phone or device by using, for instance, satellites, cell phone tower, Wi-Fi signal, beacons, Bluetooth and near field communication protocols, when you are in or near an Alam Pharmacy store. For example, mobile services, Bluetooth & Wi-Fi technology may allow us to recognize the location of a mobile device in Alam Pharmacy stores, only when you opt-in to allowing your information to be shared.
Cookies, Web Beacons and Similar Technologies:
- Remembering your preferences and allowing you to enter your username less frequently;
- Presenting information targeted to your interests, including Alam Holding content available on other websites;
- Measuring the effectiveness of our sites, services, content and advertising
- The Options/Settings section of most internet browsers will tell you how to manage cookies and other technologies that may be transferred to your device, including how to disable these technologies. You can deactivate our cookies or all cookies through your browser settings, but please note that stopping cookies may affect some of our website's features and prevent the site from operating properly.
B) A "Web Beacon" is an electronic image placed in the code of a webpage, application, or email. We use web beacons to monitor users’ traffic patterns from a page to another and to improve site performance.
C) Flash Cookies: We may use or engage a third party that uses Local Stored Objects, sometimes referred to as "Flash Cookies," and other technologies to collect and store information about the use of our services. A Flash cookie is a small data file placed on your computer or device using Adobe Flash technology. Flash cookies are different from the cookies discussed above because cookie management tools provided by your browser will not remove Flash cookies.
Information We Collect From Other Sources:
- We may collect information that is publicly available. For example, we may collect information you submit to a blog, chat room, or social network. We also may collect information from other companies, organizations, or third-party partners. For example, we may receive your information from a partner when we jointly offer services or from an advertiser every time you interact with the ad. By gathering additional information, we can collect accurate data so that we may offer you tailored product recommendations and special offers based on your interests.
Our primary purpose in retaining your information is to provide you a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. We may use your information for multiple business purposes, including the following:
Product and Service Fulfillment
- Responding to your inquiries, fulfilling your requests and improving your experience.
- Delivering electronic and mobile coupons, newsletters, e-mails, mobile messages, and social media notifications about our brands, products, events or other promotional purposes.
- Improving the effectiveness of our services, conducting research and analysis, or performing other business activities.
Prevention of Fraud and other Harm
- Detecting, investigating or preventing potential security breaches, in addition to monitoring fraudulent transactions and theft activities.
- Assisting in assist law enforcement and responding to regulatory or other legal inquiries.
How We Share Your Information:
We do not sell, rent, or loan your personal information to any non-affiliated third parties, excluding practices mentioned in this Policy. We will only share your information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of Alam Holding as described below:
When We Work With Service Providers
- We may share your information with affiliated and unaffiliated companies that perform tasks on our behalf related to our business. Such tasks include analyzing site usage data, customer service, electronic and postal mail service, social marketing and other media services. Third-party service providers will solely receive information that is necessary to perform their role. These parties are strictly allowed to use personally identifiable information when providing these services.
- We may work with other companies who place cookies, tags, and web beacons on our websites. These companies help operate our websites and may provide you additional products and services.
- We may also use third party advertising networks to serve announcements on our behalf. The cookies received from banner advertisements served by these networks may be used by these companies to collect and build behavioral profiles, and eventually deliver targeted advertisements on our website and unaffiliated websites.
When We Work With Third Party Partners
- We may work with other companies who operate their own websites or mobile applications through which customers of Alam Online can connect to our services. Although these websites and/or apps are not operated by Alam Online, however they might provide you more options and means to use our services.
- We work with companies to allow Alam Online customers access their Balance Rewards account using these partners' websites and/or mobile apps. This may include the ability to join Balance Rewards, add an existing Balance Rewards membership, and/or access your account balance.
When Sharing is required by Law or Helps Us Safeguard the Business
- Alam Online might use and disclose your information as necessary or appropriate under applicable law, to comply with a certain legal process, to respond to such requests from public and government authorities, and/or to enforce its terms and conditions, including investigations of potential violations. Additionally, this could be done to detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, as well as to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, thus allowing Alam Online to pursue available remedies and limit the damages that we may sustain. We may disclose your information without prior consent in certain instances involving claims of personal or public safety or in litigation where the data is pertinent.
When We Work On Business Transactions
- As we continue to develop our business, we might sell and/or buy stores or assets, further to engaging in a merger, acquisition, sale of company assets, in connection with the evaluation of an entry into such transactions, or in the course of providing transition of services to another provider. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets. Additionally, in the unlikely event that Alam Online or substantially all of its properties are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets and is permissible under law.
Non-identifiable or Aggregate information with Third Parties
- We may share non-identifiable or aggregate information with third parties if deemed necessary by the law.
With Your Consent
- At your direction, request, or consent, we may share your information.
Your Available Choices:
By interacting with Alam Holding Company, you agree to the practices described in this privacy notice. However, we want you to know that you do have certain choices in regards to how your information is collected and used:
Email and Mobile Communications
- You may choose to stop receiving e-mail and mobile marketing communications by changing your preferences online. If you have an online account, login to Your Account and click on Preferences. If you do not have an online account, you may click Unsubscribe located at the bottom of Alam Online emails, or reply Unsubscribe to our text messages to stop receiving emails and SMS text messages. If you wish to unsubscribe by email, please contact email@example.com
- Push Notifications
You can opt out from further allowing Alam Online to send you push notifications by adjusting the permissions in your mobile device or from Alam Online application.
You can opt out from further allowing Alam Holding to access location data by adjusting the permissions in your mobile device.
- In-Store Location
You can opt out from further allowing Alam Online to access your in-store location by adjusting the location permissions in your mobile device or from Alam Online application.
Online Tracking and Interest-Based Advertisements:
- Alam Online engages third party advertisers to provide interest-based advertising on our website, as well as other third party sites in order to display announcements that are relevant to you. These third parties may collect information about the way you use our services over time and that information may be combined with other information, collected on different websites and online services.
Please Note: When you "opt out" of receiving interest-based advertisements, this does not mean you will no longer see advertisements from Alam Online. It means that served online ads are no longer based on your particular interests. We may still collect information for any allowed purpose by this Policy, including analytics and fraud prevention.
- We do not allow minors under the age of 18 to register or use any of our online services, including creating accounts or placing orders.
Accessing and Updating Your Personal Information
- You can review and update any of the information you have provided by simply sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 00 964 75010222222. Our customer care staff will update your information and will happily respond to your inquiries and/or concerns. If you have an online account, you can log in and update your information.
Links to Third-Party Sites:
When you download our mobile application, you can subscribe to location sharing for additional application capabilities. If you have opted-in to sharing your location information, we may use various technologies to collect your information as described in this policy to provide you location-based services and content, as well as using provided data for marketing purposes. For example, using the Store Locator feature in our mobile application can allow you to easily find the nearest Alam store.
How We Protect Your Information:
- Alam Online recognizes the importance of maintaining your personal information. Whether you are shopping on our website, through our mobile services, or in our stores, we use reasonable security measures, including administrative, technical, and physical safeguards.
- "Phishing" is a common email scam where your email address is used to contact you and ask for personal or sensitive information. Always be cautious when opening links or attachments from unsolicited third parties. Also know that Alam Online will not send you emails asking for your credit card number, social security number or other personally identifiable information. If you are ever asked for this information, you can be confident it is not from Alam Online.
Children's Personal Information
- We recognize the importance of protecting children's online privacy. Our website and mobile services are intended to a general audience and are not directed to children. We do not knowingly collect personal information online from children under the age of 13.
If you have any questions about our Policy, you can e-mail us at email@example.com We'll be happy to answer your questions or hear your concerns.